When it comes to cooking, there are a handful of guidelines that I do my best to stick to. One of these guidelines is that for those who’re ever trying to enhance the style of one thing, simply add bacon. Or in some instances (like salads), simply add bacon bits. With that being mentioned, in the present day I’ll be sharing a recipe that may present you ways to make the greatest home made bacon bits in the oven.
This explicit recipe is definitely reasonably related to a few different bacon recipes that I’ve shared not too long ago in that you just’ll be utilizing an oven preheated to 375°F to cook dinner your bacon as a substitute of a frying pan or microwave. To make the bacon bits, you’ll need to use roughly seven thick slices of bacon and organize them evenly on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil.
Cook your bacon for 15-20 minutes, or simply lengthy sufficient for it to turn out to be cooked and crispy. Once the bacon is finished cooking, take away it from the oven, drain the fats, then switch it to a slicing board to chop it into your bacon bits. You can use the bacon bits immediately or they can be saved in the freezer by sealing them in a freezer bag.
How to The Best Homemade Bacon Bits (In the Oven)
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 7 1x
- Position the oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the bacon on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or till the bacon is cooked and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and switch the bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to drain off fats.
- Transfer the bacon to a chopping board and chop into small items.
- Transfer the bacon bits to a freezer bag and retailer in the freezer.