If you’re making an attempt to be slightly bit frugal with items with out skimping on thoughtfulness, then you may’t go incorrect with this home made italian barley soup combine. I’ve been making a ton of various make-ahead soup combine recipes like this currently and as we speak I wished to share one of many higher recipes with you all.
This italian barley soup is made with a mixture of actual, complete meals elements, together with one cup of pearled barley, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped onion, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley flakes, and a single vegetable bouillon dice.
It’s simple, satisfying and an excellent recipe wether you’re making the soup combine for your self or to offer as a present.
More Make-Ahead Soup Mix Recipes
Make-Ahead Italian Barley Soup Mix (Easy Recipe!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup pearled barley
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried chopped onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 vegetable bouillon dice
- Layer the elements within the following order in a jar:
– pearled barley
– garlic powder
– dried onions
– solar dried tomatoes
– bouillon dice
- Print the recipe tag on card inventory and reduce out.
- Attach the tag to the jar.
- Decorate the jar as you would like.
To make the soup:
- Unwrap the bouillon dice.
- Add the bouillon dice, remaining content material of the jar, 2 diced carrots, 2 diced celery stalk, 1 (14 oz) can diced tomato and 6 cups of water into a big pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high warmth.
- Reduce the warmth.
- Cover and simmer, till the barley is tender, about 30 minutes, including extra water as essential.
- Season to style.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan.